Monday, February 12, 2018

painted pant legs

Call me crazy but I love paint. I love it on the wall, I love it on canvas, I love it on paper and I even love it on my clothes! And while I end up with paint on my clothes after a creative session, I love messing around with simple ways to use paint to turn basic clothing into something funky! Lately I've been playing around with my pant legs...I know kind weird but I love that with a little paint you can transform a pair of pants into something totally unique.


I've found that the key to painting your clothing is use fabric paint and I prefer the Tulip Soft Matte Paints. They are washable, non toxic and once dry the paint is soft and moveable. 

I used a pair of black pants from Target. 

And then I added lots of layer of colorful brushtrokes just at the bottom the pant legs.

The result is super funky (and not for everyone) but I LOVE that a simple outfit can be transformed with lots of color and a little creativity!




Looking for some inspiration for altering that clothing?
Here are some of my favorites-




SaveSaveSaveSave

5 comments:

mamimade said...

Very Papageno! :-)

Unknown said...

I love this! I am always looking for a new way to (affordably) add color to my wardrobe. This is such a great idea and so well executed!! I cant wait to try this. Thank you!!

Pat S said...

I really like your new haircut. The pants are cute. I would love to see you paint a pair of denim with some flowers.

Gumbo Lily said...

You are adorable and beautiful in your painted trousers. For sure, you can pull off the look. (Love your hair too)
Did you do a little practice trial?

I used markers on a pair of old bell bottom jeans and made a hippy style pair of pants that I wore for Halloween. So fun. They remind me of my teenage years in the 70s.

Arianna said...

Beautiful ideas.
Thanks

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails