Monday, August 20, 2007

Summer Days



As usual life has been busy, preparing for students coming back, filling some orders for purses and other little creations that I have been working on and trying really hard to work on the writing for my book. It is hard for me to get into a mood to write- too many distrations that are easy to give into but I am making progress and I will make my deadlines no matter what!!! I have also been trying to enjoy the last days of summer, savoring the extra warm Southern California weather, spending time with my hubby- helping out my photographer friend Duvy build up her portfolio-

by "playing" model, spending time with family, trying to keep our fat cat Jack nice and cool-

and most importanly been doing my darndest to live in the present and not worry about the future. I can feel fall approaching and though San Diego is usually warm and sunny, there are still signs that time is passing- In the six years I have lived here, I have NEVER gotten used to the lack of visible seasons, but I have found new ways to identify the approaching months- the days are get shorter, the nights are cooler, leaves start to change on trees other than the palms, and the tourists will soon leave the sandy beaches- thank goodness! Though the weather will continue to be warm and sunny even in December (the most beautiful of months) I can still feel fall and winter approaching!









No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails